If you have been affected by the symptoms of rosacea that not only target the skin but also self-esteem, and if you are looking for natural remedies that can put your condition at ease you are in the right place as this article will introduce you to the list of 8 essential oils for rosacea that will help you face the day with a dash of confidence.
Technologically improved medicine of 21st century has closed many chapters that discussed the diagnosis and treatment of before seemingly incurable illnesses. With that being said, the world still remains a place of countless unresolved health mysteries that without any warning affect millions of people around the world.
Table of Contents
Rosacea, as one of many conditions that remain an open book, has its causes and symptom that can be controlled with the help of antibiotics and steroids that unfortunately cause many side effects.
Gladly, the nature as the greatest wonder of the planet Earth offers us plenty of natural alternatives that are capable of reducing the redness and inflammation of the skin without putting our health at even greater risk.
Knowledge is essential
Knowledge is sometimes the only asset that separates us from success. With such mentality in mind, every individual has batter chances of arriving at the finishing line, even when it comes to treating the symptoms of seemingly incurable rosacea.
To make sure your self-treatment journey is as successful as anticipated here are the answers to 3 main questions that will help you strategize your natural therapy in a reliable manner:
What is rosacea?
Rosacea is a skin disorder that most commonly affects the middle-aged demographic, especially women with fair skin on which the symptoms become more contrast and therefore more visible.
Speaking of visibility, the significant redness and swelling on the cheeks, around the nose and sometimes even neck, chest and scalp shouldn’t be mistaken for acne or an allergic reaction, as these two separate conditions require completely different treatment.
When looking for right medication for rosacea we should know that there is no primary cure for the outbreaks that can last from a couple of weeks up to months, just the secondary treatments that help reduce the redness of cheeks and swollen blood vessels that usually appear around the nose.
What are the symptoms of rosacea?
Here is a list of most significant symptoms of rosacea:
- Redness in the central part of the face
- The inflammation and visibility of small blood vessels on the nose and cheeks
- Development of red facial bumps that resemble acne
- Eye dryness
- Irritation, swelling and redness of eyelids.
- Enlargement of the nose (rhinophyma) due to the skin thickening.
8 essential oils for rosacea
- Borage essential oil
Borage essential oil is an excellent natural remedy for treating the symptoms of rosacea because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties. The presence of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids helps treat the inflammation associated with rosacea by controlling the molecular department of mechanisms that are responsible for keeping the body in balance.
GLA as the main component of borage oil also helps correct the deficiency of skin lipids that keep the epidermis healthy, moisturized and protected at all times.
Few drops of borage oil for rosacea can improve the production of skin oils and therefore prevent the frequency and intensity of skin flare-ups
- Oregano essential oil
Oregano essential oil is another amazing alternative to antibiotics and steroids that may cause serious side effects because the anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial qualities found in every drop of this extract help keep the symptoms of rosacea at bay.
Oregano oil for rosacea is capable of soothing internal as well as the external inflammation, especially when applied topically on affected areas. Furthermore, the antibacterial quality of the oil keeps the sensitive skin free of microbes that may worsen or even elongate the duration of flare-ups.
- German chamomile essential oil
German chamomile oil is due to the presence of a compound called Azulene excellent natural remedy for treating the redness and swelling of the cheeks, neck, and chest. Azulene gives this particular oil extracted from German chamomile an anti-inflammatory quality that is also capable of reducing the inflamed visible blood vessels around the nose.
German chamomile essential oil is on top of that an excellent antidepressant that can eradicate the feeling of sadness, disappointment, and insecurity when the appearance of flare-ups starts having an impact on a person’s mental state.
- Jojoba essential oil
Jojoba essential oil is another excellent natural remedy well-known for its moisturizing nature that is capable of nourishing old skin cells as well as stimulating the growth of new ones. The consistency of this oil, that resembles the natural waxy matter called sebum that the human skin produces, comes in handy when treating any kind of dry-skin condition.
Jojoba oil for rosacea is also an excellent natural cleanser that due to the presence of iodine successfully eradicates bacteria that irritates the skin even more.
- Lavender essential oil
Lavender essential oil is a well-known natural remedy that should because of its versatility find a storage place in a medicine cabinet of every household.
This gentle and calming agent disinfects the epidermis by inhibiting the bacteria that causes the infection of the sebum glands within the skin. On top of that, the healing properties of every oil drop reduce the chances of scarring after the flair-ups are long gone.
The benefits of this essential oil for rosacea don’t end here as the stimulating nature of the extract also promotes blood circulation that keeps the skin bright and enriched with new oxygen at all times.
- Rosehip essential oil
Rosehip essential oil is another natural remedy that can improve the texture, tone and pigmentation of the skin that has been affected by the harmful internal as well as the external factors. Antioxidants, vitamin A and C that are found in every drop of rosehip oil for rosacea easily penetrate the deep layers of the skin to make sure inner cells are as nourished as superficial ones.
Sunlight, as one of many possible causes of rosacea, is responsible for the development of age spots and discoloration of the face that can be easily treated with a couple of drops of rosehip oil that successfully combats the free radicals responsible for sun damage.
- Primrose essential oil
Primrose essential oil is a well-known natural medicament that is capable of treating hormonal imbalances that are often responsible for the development of many illnesses, potentially including the rosacea as well. The presence of omega-6 fatty acids helps reset the unbalanced hormonal levels as well as improve the elasticity of the skin that is a key feature of every youthful skin.
Studies published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science have shown that the primrose essential oil for rosacea helps treat the redness, roughens and inflammation of the skin caused by complicated illness, such as eczema.
- Neroli essential oil
Neroli essential oil is one of many natural oils for rosacea that can treat the swollen red skin tissue around the nose, eyes, and cheeks. These distinguishable symptoms can take a toll on one’s confidence. Gladly, the antidepressant quality of the oil helps fight the low self-esteem that can manifest itself in the feeling of estrangement and depression.
Regarding the physical symptoms, this natural substance can easily improve the texture, moisture and pigmentation of the epidermis as the emollient and bactericidal qualities of the oil make sure the environmental toxins and bacteria don’t contribute to the aggravation of already sensitive and exposed skin.
3 natural essential oil blends
Basic rosacea oil treatment
- 1 teaspoon of tamanu, rosehip or jojoba carrier oil
- 1 drop of German chamomile essential oil
- 1 drop of helichrysum essential oil
- Mix all ingredients in exact measurements together to form one homogenous compound.
- Store the given blend in a small glass container.
- In the first week of treatment, apply the blend gently on your skin (don’t rub) 3 times per day. Slowly reduce the frequency by one application for the duration of another two weeks.
- If the blend is too harsh on your skin add ¼ teaspoon of natural Aloe Vera to the mixture.
Cooling rosacea toner
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of tea tree oil
- 8 drops of oregano essential oil
- 1 ounce of apple cider vinegar
- 1 ounce of natural Aloe Vera gel
- Mix the Aloe Vera gel and apple cider vinegar in exact measurements together to create one homogenous compound.
- Add in essential oils in exact amounts.
- Shake the mixture thoroughly.
- Store the mixture in the spray bottle.
- Apply the cooling toner directly on the face. Make sure the substance doesn’t get into your eyes and mouth.
- You can use the cooling toner even when you are out in the sun to reduce the irritation that the UV sun rays may cause.
Refreshing facial lotion
- ½ cup of Aloe Vera gel
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of German chamomile essential oil
- 1 drop of vetiver essential oil
- 2 tbsp of rosehip seed oil
- 1 tbsp of lavender hydrosol
- 1 tbsp of German chamomile hydrosol
- In a large nonreactive bowl combine the Aloe Vera, rosehip, lavender and German chamomile hydrosols together to from one homogenous compound.
- Add in essential oils in exact measurements and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the given mixture into a glass container with push-down lotion spout.
- Store the refreshing facial lotion in the refrigerator.
- Before every use, shake the bottle and apply the mixture to affected areas twice a day or when necessary.
Although the synthetic medicine hasn’t yet discovered the primary cure for rosacea that doesn’t mean a person should give up as the world of nature offers plenty of natural alternatives that are capable of eradicating the facial redness and swelling.
To make sure your natural treatment is as successful as anticipated here are the last 8 tips that will help you face the approaching days with ease and with confidence:
- Before introducing a new essential oil to your therapy do a skin test patch to make sure you are not allergic to the chosen natural remedy.
- If you have been diagnosed with any other skin condition or have other illness that may get compromised by the essential oil, make sure you consult with your medical specialist beforehand.
- Establish a stress-free lifestyle that won’t burden your immune system or raise blood pressure that may worsen your skin condition even more.
- Make sure you get the daily dose of vitamin D (at least 3000 IU per day).
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun.
- Enrich your diet with a natural source of probiotics, such as yogurt and kefir that will help you fight the small intestine bacteria overgrowth (SIBO).
- Eat foods that promote healthy gut flora.
- Drink green tea or make yourself a cold green tea compress. This natural beverage is an amazing antioxidant that can fight the inflammation and UV-sensitivity of the skin.
Essential oils for rosacea efficiently control the distinguishable and visible symptoms that make a person insecure and self-aware without increasing the risks of serious side effects as many other prescription drugs tend to.