Coconut oil for acne can arguably be called the best oil with incalculable benefits. It can eradicate dry skin issue and can easily tackle acne or excess oil problem. Coconut oil to treat acne can be touted as the most ancient and effective remedy.
Coconut oil has a property that makes it a super absorptive oil. That allows skin to absorb oil into the deepest layers of the skin. It is an incredible moisturizer, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory product. With its healthy properties, it can efficiently tackle acne on skin, scalp, and face. Coconut oil for acne is super-hyped for two reasons: it helps in reducing acne and it preventing causes of acne.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Is Coconut Oil Good For Acne?
- 2 How To Use Coconut Oil For Acne Treatment?
- 3 Treatment With Coconut Oil for Face Acne (face mask recipe)
- 4 Lighten Your Scars With Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice
- 5 Does Coconut oil Help You Get Rid of Acne?
- 6 Internal Treatment of Acne Through Coconut Oil
Why Is Coconut Oil Good For Acne?
The features of coconut oil have an incredible chemical composition. It contains 55% of lauric, mysitic, palmitic, caprylic, stearic, oleic acids. Many useful minerals, such as vitamin A, D, E, calcium, and phosphorus are found in coconut oil. This chemically enriched oil is boon for acne and skin-care treatments.
Not to forget
- Its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties make it efficient enough to use on face acne.
- Its absorbing nature penetrates deep into the skin, killing germs, bacteria, and fungi.
- It neutralizes the inflammation and helps pimples break out easily.
- It has regenerating properties that clarify the skin and fight against the formation of acne scars.
- It quickly heals the acne and helps remove the remaining black spots.
- Its protective property forms a film over the skin, protecting your skin from harmful impact of the environment.
- Lastly, its absorbing property spreads inside the skin layers without clogging ducts.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Acne Treatment?
You will be astonished to find many articles arguing about coconut oil causing pimples. Honestly, it can cause pimples if you do not follow proper procedure to use this miraculous oil.
To add some sense, let me bring this to light. When we visit cosmeticians, they treat acne with coconut oil. And we do not seem to budge or argue about it, and, unbelievably, their treatment does not cause acne. The reason behind it is that they know how to use coconut oil for various treatments.
The biggest mistake done on our part is that we use any coconut oil available. Well, the trick is to find cold-pressed coconut oil for face acne.
Here is the list of tips on how to use coconut oil for acne in a proper way:
- For topical application, you can use virgin coconut oil on the infected area.
- People usually feel edgy to use the oil directly, thinking it might cause more acne. Well, it usually does, when you have no idea how much toxins the skin have developed beneath.
- It is recommended to drink lots of water for at least for 3 days before the treatment. It will flush out all the toxins. You can do a detox therapy before treating your skin with coconut oil.
- Oral consumption of coconut alongside topical use can help eradicate acne.
- When coconut oil is consumed orally, it clears out the excessive build-up of toxins. This will help in reducing acne from within.
- Always use coconut oil on clean skin.
- Night treatment is the best for acute acne prone skin. Use the coconut oil as a moisturizer every night before hitting the bed.
- Many times, you can feel the skin is creating more pimples; this can occur because the skin starts to push out all the toxins through this method.
- Use it until the acne is healed, do not leave the treatment mid-way.
- Test the impact of coconut oil on your skin by using the oil at least for a week. Check for any breakouts, and also check if it is helping in healing acne.
- It is important not to apply coconut oil in huge quantities. A drop or two massaged in circular motions goes a long way. Excess oil can penetrate increase of acne.
- Do not use this as a base moisturizer while applying make-up.
Treatment With Coconut Oil for Face Acne (face mask recipe)
You can use this mask to reduce acne at faster phase. This mask is also efficient in revitalizing dry skin, oily skin, and any problematic skin.
- 5 tbsp. of fresh Aloe juice or pulp if you have the plant.
- 2 tsp. of pure honey
- 2 tbsp. virgin coconut oil (better if you have extra virgin coconut oil).
Mix the oil and honey in a plastic bowl (do not use wood or metal bowl, it can cause reactions) when mixed properly, add in aloe juice/pulp and apply it on the skin for 20 minutes. Aloe Vera stabilizes the skin and helps in retaining the moisture. It also helps in balancing the skin oils, and it soothes the inflammation caused by acne. Coconut oil penetrates deep into the skin and kills the germs and bacteria causing acne. Honey is a natural medicine; it helps in easy breakout of the pimple.
Wash the skin with warm water and pop any ripe pimples.
Using this treatment once a week can cease pimples from forming.
Lighten Your Scars With Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice
Lemon has anti-bacterial properties that can kill germs forming acne. It also contains natural bleaching agents that can lighten skin, acne scars, and spots.
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 2 tsp. of lemon juice
- Mix both ingredients in a bowl and apply on the face in circular motions for at least 5 minutes before leaving it on skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
Please note that you should not apply this mixture on the broken skin.
Does Coconut oil Help You Get Rid of Acne?
Of course it does help in getting rid of acne. However, despite its regular use, coconut oil cannot provide permanent acne relief. To point out, acne is developed inside the body, and the eradication process should also be done from inside. It is highly recommended to find the root cause and finish the overwhelming skin problem. Also, coconut oil doesn’t suit every skin type.
If you ask “Does coconut oil clear acne”, the answer would be “Yes”! It does, but IT fits only a few skin types
Internal Treatment of Acne Through Coconut Oil
Coconut oil, when consumed, detoxifies the body and boosts the functionality of liver. One of the functions of liver is to control the buildup of blood toxins. Coconut oil consumption can kill bacteria from within.
Tips to consume coconut oil
- Start the ritual by swallowing a quarter spoon of extra virgin coconut oil before meals.
- After a week of consumption with no side-effects (such as diarrhea, loose motions, and so on) increase the dose to 1 tsp.
- You can also add coconut oil in your daily drinks, such as water, coffee, smoothies, and so on.
- Try to incorporate coconut oil in cooking and baking.
If the coconut oil is suitable for your skin type, you can get rid of acne and the scars it leaves behind. Here is the example of using coconut oil for acne: before and after
In order to get all benefits of the coconut oil, you need to consider the following tips:
- Always apply on clean skin as a moisturizer. It should be left on the skin for some time for the skin to absorb its properties. However, if you feel uneasy, remove the oil with natural oil-free cleanser.
- Try to use both internally and topically.
- If you are treating skin with lemon juice, then wear sun block when going out in the sun. As lemon leaves skin sensitive, the exposure to direct sunlight can burn the skin.
- If you do not see any results after using it for 2 weeks straight, then consult a dermatologist.
- Do not forget to do a patch test before including this oil completely in the daily routine.