Painful pimples is the most notorious skin disease in the world. They give you immense complex and make you feel uncomfortable all the time. There are various bona-fide methods to treat painful pimples, but there is no treatment to eradicate it completely.
However, dermatologists and cosmetologist indicate that treating pimples should always go two-ways – internally and externally. If the problem persists internal treatment, then the external methods might work. Acne is acne, and it is not restricted to appear only on face. It can appear anywhere on the body, including insides of nose, ears, and mouth.
Make-up gurus state that trying to keep pimples in control is a better option than trying to cover them up with make-up, as makeup usage can intensify the pimple occurrence and appearance. Anyways! To understand the pimple and its constant occurrence one needs to understand what causes tit to break out.
Table of Contents
Causes of Painful pimples
The most common causes of pimple occurrence are:
- Improper intake of food/unhygienic food
- Consumption of junk food
However, there are some intense reasons too, such as:
- Hormonal imbalance/change
Any change in the body causes painful pimples to sprout. Pimples are usually formed when hormones fluctuate. When hormonal fluctuation takes place, body increases the production of androgens.
During Hormonal fluctuation in the body, pimples can appear on cheeks, chin, forehead, and temples
Menstruation cycle is also a reason, when women witness painful pimples on chin and cheeks every month. When the menstruation cycle is near, the body increases the supply of steroid hormones, making body produce pimples.
Hyperkeratosis can be explained as the increase in sexual desire that happens due to deficiency of Vitamin A.
- Other Diseases
Many diseases increase the arrival of pimples on face. One of those is lungs disease caused by smoking or living in a polluted environment. For example, if your body is suffering from a lung disease, a specific lung, say, left, then the pimples appear only on right cheek. Similarly, if the right lung is influenced, then the left cheek shows its influence.
- Allergic reactions
Allergic reactions can also cause pimples to break out.
Types of Acne
There are two types of acne: one that is found on the skin, and one under skin.
Blind pimples or painful pimples under skin
These are more notorious, as they can spread inside the skin. They can easily contaminate other skin cells causing more to spurt. Therefore, when you find pimple under skin, try opening pores so that it can excrete its contents out.
To make invisible pimple visible:
- Place warm tea bags onto the pimple for a few minutes.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil into hot water and soak the cotton ball in it. Now place that ball on the under skin pimple.
- Use tea tree oil with the carrier oil, and apply the oil onto the pimple area and leave it overnight.
These methods can form a mouth from where the under skin pimple can find a way to excrete all the dirt.
What do pimples on different body parts mean?
Pimples On Back
Pimples on back are usually the cause of bacteria and germ attack. Constant hanging of backpack on the back, clothes clinging to the back, limiting air to pass through, sitting for longer hours on chair, and so on can build bacteria spread. Bacteria feed on sweat and cling onto the clothes. The skin of the upper back is the toughest skin in the body, and formation of pimples there can be quite painful.
In order to prevent such pimples from occurrence, you should follow simple hygiene rules:
- Wear light, soft cotton and linen clothes if you live in a hot climatic region.
- Try to walk at regular intervals if your job requires you to sit at one place.
- To remove pimples, you might need special care, attention, and help. As they are quite different from facial pimples.
Painful Pimple on Chin
Painful pimples on chin usually refer to hormonal change or fluctuation in the body. These little devils also appear when a woman is about to get her monthly period. Many a times, people undergoing hormonal change find pimples appearing on chin rather than on cheeks.
Painful Pimple on Nose and Inside Nose
Pimples on the nose and around the nose area are challenging to get rid of. Nose is the oiliest place as compared to other both parts. That’s the reason nose requires extra care. Nose has open pores that form blackheads and white head pimples.
The cause of them appearing varies:
- Constant touching of nose
- Constant usage of cloth, tissue or wipes during flu
- Infections and allergies can also cause pimples to sprout around nose area.
Painful Pimple in Ear
The causes of their appearance in ear(s) are many, such as:
- Neglected personal hygiene. This is a common reason for pimples to spread to other parts of the body. Good news is that it is easy to prevent this cause of pimple by simply following your personal hygiene routine in a proper way.
- Weather change. Yes! harsh winters and summers can clog the skin pores causing them to form pimples in the air. In winter, when you are always wearing an ear muff or cap, the bacteria can clung on to it. Therefore, it is recommended to do laundry as frequently as possible.
- Helmets. Helmets also cause pimples to appear in ear.
- Ingrown pimple in ear. It means that when the hair blub is trapped under skin area, it causes skin to inflame and form a pimple.
- Otitis externa. It means an acute condition that causes skin to inflame followed by redness and swelling of the skin on the external ear. This causes bacterial infection, and provokes pimples formation around and inside the ear.
- Ear piercing. Piercings is a sensitive thing. One needs to make sure that all the piercing equipments are clean and sterilized.
How to get rid of painful pimple on the face and the body?
- Cold compress:
To treat swollen painful pimple, add ice-cubes in the cloth and push it against the pimple, it will reduce the inflammation and swelling
Tomato is an incredible plant to use to get rid of pimples. It works as an astringent, also lightens the acne scarring due to pimples.
It might inflame a bit; but it is a powerful herb that can kill the germs from inside.
- Aloe Vera:
It helps in soothing the skin and healing the wound
- Honey & Cinnamon:
Mix in both the ingredients and apply on the pimples. Honey has anti-bacterial agents that kill bacteria. Cinnamon reduces the inflammation. This mix also helps blind pimple to form mouth.
- Yoghurt & oatmeal:
Ooatmeal can be used as a natural exfoliater whereas, yoghurt soothes skin, reduces inflammation and moist the skin.
According to dermatologists, it is important to follow dual treatment while treating acne. Fighting acne from inside has more chances of you getting rid of them permanently.
Everything is based on diet. Having clean and fresh diet is important for overall body health. Try to avoid eating a lot of sweet and fat food, because it is very likely to cause more pimples. It is neither good for pimples, nor for the health of the body.
Develop a good habit of drinking water. Try to consume minimum 4 liters of water alongside 4 liters of juices daily. It is better if you drink equal amounts of water throughout the day, rather than drink a liter at a time.
Try to include a few vitamin supplements in your diet. They help in keeping the blood purified and clean. Making the skin look clean and fresh. However, you should always ask your doctor about any medicine you plan to intake on regular basis.
- Do not take any medicines or antibiotics without consulting a doctor.
- Make sure you are not allergic to any of the suggested natural remedies.
- Always consult a doctor if you feel your pimple is unusual in any way
- Unfortunately, these remedies might not work for everyone.
Painful pimples are challenging to treat but not impossible to control. Even though it is a good idea to battle pimples with the help of natural, homemade remedies, you should always consult a doctor, of your pimple starts causing more discomfort than usual.