Let’s face it, we all want a perfect, smooth, and spotless skin. It is, after all, a great confidence booster for it allows us to look and feel beautiful. Unfortunately, our negligence due to our hectic schedules, as well as the increasing level of pollution has led to impurities in the skin. These impurities often come in the shape of pimple under skin. These are essentially pimples that develop over time due to an accumulation of dead skin, as well as excess oil secretion by the sebaceous glands. Although such pimples may not look harmful, since they usually aren’t swollen or red, they are arguably the most painful type of skin impurities. This article will shed light upon the possible causes of such pimples and ways to prevent and get rid of them.
Table of Contents
What Causes Pimple Under Skin?
Various factors can lead to the growth of pimple under skin:
- Most commonly, they can be caused by a common cold.
- Lack of personal hygiene, unbalanced diet, undue stress, excessive exposure to sunlight, and pollution can lead to hard pimples under skin.
- All sorts of acne can develop into hard pimples under skin. This generally occurs when the pores are severely damaged. Eventually, they end up being clogged.
- Hard pimples sometimes contain bacteria or pus and, therefore, may be yellowish. These pimples can pop up literally anywhere. Several pimples may show up at the same time, making your skin’s texture rough. If these pimples develop in the more uncomfortable parts of your body, it is advisable to consult your dermatologist at the earliest.
- Changes in the level of hormones, particularly during adolescence, is another cause of pimple under skin.
Beyond this, another major form of acnes is those pimples under skin with no head. These are commonly referred to as blind pimples, because their roots go much deeper into the skin. Thus, they are closer to the nerves and they cause constant pain and discomfort. The inflammation caused by pimples under skin with no head, in general, lasts for longer periods of time. This inevitably delays the healing process and prolongs your uneasiness. It is also harder to treat them because you cannot apply a cream on them, since they are not always visible.
Pimples under skin can sometimes cause major skin infections, if they are left untreated for too long, as they are very close to the nerves
Hence, in order to purify your skin it is absolutely vital to understand what sort of pimples you have and what could have caused them. This helps you carry out the best treatment to get rid of them for good!
Get Rid Of These Unwanted Bumps!
These blemishes on your skin are no doubt extremely irritating, and it is equally annoying to wait for them to leave your skin. In some cases, however, these pimples refuse to let go of your skin, and stay on for longer than usual. If this happens, you have no choice but to forcefully remove them by implementing the treatment that best suits your skin type!
So, once you have figured out the cause and type of acne that you are suffering from, you must learn how to get rid of under the skin pimples. The process of getting rid of them completely is quite taxing, and it requires you to be patient. This can only be done effectively if you are fully aware of what you are dealing with. Different types of pimples require different forms of treatment. In fact, it can be argued that the same type of pimples on different body parts may require a different treatment. Pimple under skin nose and pimple under skin with no head, for example, might be treated effectively using different remedies. The remedies used to get rid of them are vast and can be divided into two broad categories: traditional or natural and chemical or artificial.
Some parts of the world rely heavily on traditional methods and find them very effective. These are inexpensive and bring about favorable results quickly. Here is a list of some highly efficient natural ways of getting rid of them!
- Rub raw garlic several times a day on your acne. This will reduce pus formation and relive pain, as well as reduce the size of the acne.
- Aloe vera, an easily grown plant, also acts as an exceptional skin cleanser. The juice extracted from aloe vera acts as a disinfectant and promotes healing.
- Lemon juice is another reliable way of getting rid of pimples. Lemons contain Vitamin C, which helps in rejuvenating the skin, making it look fresher, younger, and smoother. By applying lemon juice directly on the pimple and leaving it overnight, you will get miraculous results!
- Tomato pulp is acidic in nature, which tightens the pore and prevents clogging and pimples.
- Cinnamon and honey help moisturize the skin and ensure that it stays pimple- free. For even quicker results, you can make a cinnamon and honey paste by mixing the two together and gently dabbing it on each pimple.
- In recent years, medical research has just proved that turmeric is also a very effective tool in removing pimples and tightening your pores in the process.
- For decades now, using cucumber to get rid of pimples has become increasingly popular. In fact, some homeopathic doctors endorse the use of it, since it does not have any side effects, and it is suitable for most skin types.
- Lastly, drinking two cups of green tea, basil tea or coriander tea a day can help in elimination of already existing pimples and, at the same time, it can prevent the growth of more pimples.
All of these natural remedies require you to be consistent. It is also important for you to avoid touching, squeezing or popping pimples. This can leave a scar, which is almost impossible to get rid of.
Chemical Medicines for Pimple Under Skin
On the other hand, we have chemical medicines, which are extremely effective as well. Most of them are produced in the form of a cream that you have to apply on for a certain amount of time for it to do its job properly. Some effective and permanent ways of getting rid of pimples are discussed below.
- Salicylic acid operates by first killing the bacteria that so often causes pimple under skin. Once the bacteria are sucked out, the pimple shrinks and becomes benign. It also regenerates the growth of skin cells, which helps your pores remain closed. Overuse of salicylic acid, however, is not advisable, as it can damage the skin.
- Retinol products are also advised by dermatologists. It is a form of vitamin A, which helps dry up the acne, ultimately resulting in its flaking or peeling off by itself. You must moisturize your skin after the use of such products, because they can cause dryness.
- Face sponges help in getting rid of pimples as well. They exfoliate the skin, giving it a renewed freshness that prevents pimples.
- Steroid injections can be very helpful, particularly if you are suffering from hard pimple under skin. Your skin specialist will examine the pimple and determine whether there is a need to take a rather extreme step, such as injecting steroids. Steroid injections are generally regarded as the most effective means of getting rid of pimples. They directly affect the pimple and its surrounding area to reduce inflammation, swelling, pus, and redness. The pimple, therefore, disappears more quickly than it would have if any other method was employed.
- Using benzoyl peroxide is another famous way of treating pimples and keeping your skin healthy. It is one of those go-to products to ensure that your skin stays blemish free. This product works by drying up the pimple, until the bacteria dies and your pores unclog.
- Aspirin masks can also be used to reduce inflammation and swelling. By grinding a few aspirins and mixing it with water, you can make a mask that protects your skin and prevents bacteria from invading and causing pus and pimples.
Henceforth, it can clearly be seen that both traditional and chemical methods can be used to get rid of pimples under skin, provided you know the type of acne that you are up against. Once you determine this, you automatically know how to get rid of under the skin pimples!