Whitehead pimples are frequent visitors to the skin but rarely welcomed ones. Oh Ya! If only I am allowed to miss school due to its arrival, then perhaps I may welcome it. But that will never happen. Anyways, for people who don’t know, these pimples look like white grains that are just about to pop. At the same time, there is a scientific reason behind its growing on the skin. According to research, these small white grains mount on the skin due to active bacterial presence under the skin.
Table of Contents
- 1 What lies in the whitehead pimple?
- 2 Can I squeeze it?
- 3 What causes these to occur?
- 4 How to prevent whitehead pimples?
- 5 How to get rid of the whitehead pimple?
- 6 Home Treatment
- 7 Oral treatment for mouth
- 8 A few natural recipes to pamper your skin
What lies in the whitehead pimple?
Common places where whitehead pimple can be spotted:
- Under the tongue
- On the eyelids
- On chin
- Anywhere on face
- On chest
According to the studies, it is “dirt accumulation under the skin”. Impurities and bacteria growing under the skin layers is not a new thing. Keeping pores clean is always emphasized enough. However, the skin wants to throw out build-up dirt every now and then. This dirt, collected under the pores, forms a pimple with whitehead. Whitehead pimples are usually the sebum drains. When sebum situated on the surface of the skin is clogged by impure dirt, oil or dead skin cells, these tiny white tots appear. Then again, it should be noted that they are different from black heads. Black heads form when there is an opening of the pores that is exposing melanin in sebum to the impure air and pollution. In such a scenario, it collects the impurities and turns dark, forming small beads of black heads.
Can I squeeze it?
I should tell you that it’s quite a temptation to squeeze, pop, and wipe them. Many of my friends find it difficult to hide it even after layers of foundation. So, they squeeze and correct them. However, this is not the solution. Solution is to deal with hands-on care, pampering, and patience.
When you squish the whitehead pimple, you let your bare skin surface interact with further bacteria, such as bacteria on makeup brushes and hands
What causes these to occur?
Excessive growth of sebum in the glands. Thus, skin tries to find a way to dump the excess accumulation. On the other hand, the whitehead pimples appearance on the tongue is due to microtrauma that is received while intaking food. One of the reasons that it appears in mouth is also poor oral hygiene. Similarly, its appearance on the facial area is conditioned by the negligence of skin care.
How to prevent whitehead pimples?
You can try a few measures to keep whitehead pimples at bay:
- Drink lots of water, at least 8 litres in a day
- Pamper your skin with hydrating masks, creams, and products
- Keep your skin clean
- Keep your mouth clean. Brush your teeth twice a day and use mouthwash every now and then to keep bacteria away
- Do not wear makeup for hours. Try to wash your face after every 3-4 hours and re-wear your make-up back. This way you’ll keep your skin clean and hydrated
- Vegetable juices are better than masks; try to rub tomatoes, potatoes, lemon, and cucumber with honey on your face every day. These natural fruits and vegetables don’t come with side effects and are perfect to treat your skin
- You can also use essential oils. Many essential oils help in keeping skin pristine, rejuvenated and restored
- Don’t use harsh scrubs, lemon, and strong essential oils if you have sensitive skin
- Many are unaware of this fact, but sauna bath twice a week keeps the pores clean and nourished
- Sweat is good, so make some space for sweating in gym, or in park
- If you cannot afford luxury of sauna, use steam to cleanse face, and hot water shower to keep body clean
How to get rid of the whitehead pimple?
Whitehead pimples are also called cosmetic defects. Having said that, it is usually assumed that it can only be treated by a certified beautician. And honestly, in a way, it is safer to have experienced hands on board. However, if these are regular visitors, then you need to master the art of greeting. Because if you don’t handle this with care and attention, chances are you can end up with permanent marks or scars on your face.
To treat whitehead pimples at home, follow the mentioned steps below:
- Wash your face with a face-wash and pat it dry
- Damp your skin and add exfoliating gel, massage the product gently onto your skin for at least 3-4 minutes, then wash
- Scrub your skin
- Take a sauna bath in case you are tackling with the whitehead appearance on your body or use steamer to sweat your face
- If the pimple has opened pores, then the pimple will pop out its contents easily with a small press
- In case you find that pimple is just red and has not opened it pores, leave alcohol or iodine on that area for a few nights. Eventually, in a few days, the pimple skin will ripe to white. Then it should be safe to remove.
Oral treatment for mouth
In case you sense painful whitehead pimples inside your mouth and tongue area, it’s time that you stop neglecting your mouth care.
- Brush your teeth with a good strong paste
- Use floss to remove any leftover particles in your mouth
- Use a good mouth wash (Listerine is the best) after every 2 hours, it will kill the formation of bacteria and will give instant relief from pain
- Consult a doctor and have an antibiotic prescribed, so that the bacteria don’t get transferred to the stomach
- Before retiring for bed, brush, floss, and use mouthwash
- Avoid sugar until whitehead pimple has gone
A few natural recipes to pamper your skin
Natural brightening exfoliator recipes
- Half tomato
- 4 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- 1 tbsp. of sugar
- Smash the tomato and let the plump sit in there. Add 4 drops of essential oils followed by the sugar
- Focus on smaller areas while applying. Keep massaging in circular motions until the sugar has dissolved. Then move on to the other area. Once the whole face is covered, massage your face for 2-3 minutes. If you feel running out dry, dip your hands in the concoction and continue massaging
- Wash your face with lukewarm water. Don’t use a towel to wipe your face
- If you use this recipe at least 3 days a week, your skin will be glowing, and you will witness fine lines reduced and skin rejuvenated. It also removes whitehead pimples in one go
- 10 drops of Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 2 tbsp. of clay or as required
- 1 tsp. of milk
- In a bowl mix juice, honey, and milk
- In another bowl add clay, and slowly add the whisked mixture, stir well until it has a not so runny consistency. Add a few drops of milk if the mixture is too stiff
- Apply a thin coat on the face, neck, chest, hands and let it dry for 15-20 minutes
- If you are allergic to lemon juice, use orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- Take a hot shower
Powerful, healthy, and effective scrub
- 2 tbsp. of gram flour or organic almond flour
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 2 drops of rose essential oil, or essential oil of your choice
- Mix honey and essential oil, and apply a coat on the face and neck
- Now dab the gram flour/almond flour on the face coated with honey
- Now massage and rub your skin in circular motions. The gram flour and honey will form small pallets and fall in the sink
- If you feel it is too dry, dab a little water and rotate your fingers in circular motions
- Once you feel both the flour and honey has become a sticky substance and mingled well, dab a little more water and scrub in circular motions
This scrub will not only remove whitehead pimples efficiently, but it will also remove black heads on the nose.